March 24, 2010

has this ever happened to you?

last night i met up with a good friend and her husband for sushi. there is a place near them that has a special $24.95 for ALL the sushi you can eat! basically everything on their menu...no, this was NOT like a chinese buffet! seriously, i was in heaven! i ordered 4 rolls, 2 variations with soft-shell crab, 1 with lobster and the other with shrimp. YUMMY, right! 4 rolls seems like a lot, but when you don't EAT the rice --- it doesn't seem like much!

all i can say, i am thankful my friends were with me! i was told towards the end of our meal that i could not leave more than 3 pieces of rice/seaweed or they would charge me $1.00 per piece! are you effin' kidding me! SERIOUSLY....yup! UGH!!! the only reason i ordered 4 rolls was b/c it was all you can eat...no where on the advertisement does it say that 3 piece rule!

the rolls were yummy and i am embarrassed to say i had to eat the seaweed/rice part of the rolls! WTF! i purposely AVOIDED eating the rice for that reason, the rice fills you up fast - DUH!

i was so full, guess that's how they keep people from ordering more than they could eat! UGH! normally, i only order 2 rolls --- so that was double the amount i could handle, although the lobster roll i only had 2 pieces so then it was more like a little over 3 rolls! good thing they weren't BIG rolls, but still!

needless to say for breakfast i had an orange...still a little stuffed! gee, i wonder why? can't believe the sushi nazi made me eat my sushi! ha! ha! the whole point of trying a all you can eat is to try new items! whatever, good thing we didn't order 10+ rolls--we would have really been in trouble at that point! ha! ha!

overall, the sushi was awesome and i certainly got my monies worth for $24.95, plus tax and tip...out the door for $32.00 ---not bad, but i think i am done with sushi for a little while. after all, i just had sushi this past saturday with another friend. ha! ha!

oh well, have a great day!

~ PLD

9 comments:

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

that's crazy they would charge you for what you didn't eat.

Suburban Princess said...

Of course they would charge you for what you dont eat - it costs them money if you waste it. The all you can eat deals I see around here all have that sort of caveat attached to them - they ask you only take small amounts at a time so food isnt wasted.

Linda said...

We got charged for what we didn't eat and they wouldn't let us take it home even when I offered to pay extra. Finally the girl felt bad and let us. If I pay for something it's mine!

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

I've been to a sushi place like that, where they charge if you leave pieces. It stinks, I don't eat enough for that! But I do love me some sushi!!

Annie said...

that is craziness!!! i'm like you though, i get sushied-out!

Princess Freckles said...

How sneaky of them! Now I'm craving some sushi! :)

alanna said...

what a WEIRD rule! i disagree with the above commenter...i've never heard that before!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I love sushi! I want some!

Harper said...

oh my gosh thats totally crazy they would charge you for food you didnt eat! I suppose theyre trying not to be wasteful <3