April 25, 2010

Help, advice needed ASAP!

good morning!

i just realized my perfume assortment is running low. i just sprayed the last of my hanae mori magical moon. my laura mercier perfume is almost gone! my fresh sake perfume is down to about 1/3 of a bottle and so is my missoni missoni perfume. finally my marc jacobs perfume is getting old...
so it's time to invest in some more bottles of perfume!

what's your favorite perfume? i want to know!

i am still looking at buying a bottle of creed - the hot pink bottle, but i think i need about 2-3 new bottles of perfume. so please tell me what you like....with so much out there it can be overwhelming, sort of like eating at the cheesecake factory! ha! ha!

also, anyone picked up a new pair of tretorn's? i almost picked a pair in navy, but they didn't have my size.

do they run big?

the reason i ask i am normally a 9 - 9.5, but the 9 i tried on seemed so big! then i tried on a 8 and it was comfy buy a little tight? i really want to buy a pair!

it's only been what 15+ years since i owned my last pair? i remember when they sold for $30.00 or was it $34.00 --- certainly not the $55.00 they are asking today! ha! ha! i really want a pair, guess i should bring back a proper pair of socks with me and try them on again.

now that i think about it they must have been $30.00, since k.swiss were around $40.00. once k.swiss came around it was bye-bye tretorns! oh, the good old days...no, i am not that old! i was born in the 70's ---thank you very much! ;)

then again, i have to run back to nordstrom's today and exchange the adorable outfit i bought my nephew. i bought 3 mos. instead of 6 mos.....darn it! good thing i showed my husband what i bought and noticed i screwed up! another excuse to go back to oak brook...hee! hee!

plus, i picked up a pair of nautica jeans for my husband at costco...for ONLY $19.99!!! he loves them, so i am going to go back and pick up another 2 pairs --- come on, when can you buy comfy jeans for under $20.00...EXACTLY!!! ha! ha!

first off, i need a starbucks fix! plus, it's sunday and the mall doesn't open until noon. 4 hours to spare...what is one to do? i went to church last night, so it's a free day for PLD!

have a wonderful sunday!

~ PLD

11 comments:

Lulu in D.C. said...

My favorite perfume of the moment is Viva La Juicy. It is wonderful. My mom, sister and I all just bought it. Although, I know where we live...it is hard to find in stores b/c they sell out right away. We found it though Sephora! Good luck!

Beth Dunn said...

LOVE Carolina Herrera. And KAte Spade
xoxo
SC

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

What a fun post, I look forward to coming back to read your comments! I am totally loyal to Chanel Chance - it's been my fave for years. That said I also wear Marc Jacobs Lola on occasion too! :)

Jeannie said...

I LOVE the marc jacobs newish ones in Rain, Lemon, Cucumber, etc. My favorite is Rain, but I think they came out with another three recently! It's very light and fresh, perfect for spring!

Anonymous said...

i love the Bond perfumes carried at Saks, specifically Nuits de noho,the Andy Warhol one, and Success is landing a job in Ny. I also just bought two new Jo Malone ones tht i adore, the Vanilla and Anise and the newest Amber one. Fabulous. i might be a perfume junkie.

Anonymous said...

i love the bond fragrances carried at Saks, specifically Nuits de Noho, Andy Warhol, and Success is Landing a job in NY. i just bought two new Jo Malone ones which are awesome, the vanilla and anise and the newest Amber one. I love perfume.

Unknown said...

As a splurge (which I haven't been able to do lately, haha), I love Bond No 9 - The scent of peace is my favorite one, it's light but beautiful. Love Vera Wang's perfumes, too, especially Rock Princess, even if it is targeted towards teens.

Cool Gal said...

I love Lollia in the Wish scent. So light and refreshing and not a bit overpowering. Perfect for the summer. Every time I wear it I receive many compliments. :)

I found your blog through Torch Light Prep. It's great.
My name is Cool Gal and I am a new follower! :)

ralph and martha said...

hands down - Jo Malone - I mix these two: the Pomegranate and the FIg and Cassis. Amazing -they don't have all the fillers in them, just pure fragrance. I've been wearing them for years and often get stopped on the street by people to find out what it is. Not b/c it's strong, but it's a wonderful combo. Try their others as well, you might easily come up with a signature fragrance.

Adrienne Noll said...

Hey you!

Lands End has Tretorns and I am SURELY going to order a pair!

Chanel No. 5 -- the Premier not the Original. Absolutely fabulous.

Hillcrest Acres said...

For summer, my favorite perfume to wear is Bobbi Brown Beach.