April 11, 2010

swoozie's...

question for you...is the swoozie's near you going out of business? i was shocked this morning when i saw a large yellow sign that read "going out of business" --- really?!?!!?

everything in the store was 10-30% off....although everything i saw aside from holiday items was only 10% off! there were lots of lilly pulitzer items, which was great if the pricing didn't seem like a scam!

specifically, lilly pulitzer's latte da! mugs....the had them priced at $19.95. seriously! what a joke! even the lilly pulitzer website sells them for $15.00. talk about a mark up! ha! ha!

i walked out purchasing nothing! don't worry, i'll be back! especially when everything is over 70% off --- ha! ha!

it's sad to see so many businesses going under. i wonder if it was just the swoozie's near me that is going out of business or if all swoozie's locations are too? i hope not! i am so tired of seeing vacant buildings!!!

oh well, hard to believe this weekend is almost over! boo!

have a great night folks!

~ PLD

correction: i did a search and sure enough all swoozie's locations are going out of business! for additional details, click here. sad...very sad!!

5 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

I don't have a Swoozie's by me, but I read on another blogger's site that they were going out of business. That's crazy about the LP mugs! I'm with you, I'd go back at 70% off :) XOXO

Beaufort Belle said...

It is my understanding that they could not rectify finanicial issues under bankruptcy protection and are closing ALL stores. Very sad. I will miss Swoozies!

When you get a chance, stop by my blog, you have been crowned!

Amy Gene said...

I am sooooo upset about Swoozies! I wish I had one closer to me.

kayce hughes said...

Ours is too. I was excited to shop because it was before Easter and I thought I would get some things for my older girls. I left empty handed.

Miss Janice said...

Such a shame! Loved Swoozies.