hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
i have a quick question for you. we have been invited to attend a 1st communion [not officially, my husband talked to his friend who invited us over the phone].... we won't be able to attend. i want to know what is an appropriate gift to send? cash, check, gift? how much should i spend for something we won't be attending? we haven't seen this family in almost 2 years. we used to be good friends but we have since drifted in different directions. i would like to send a gift or not? what? any advise?
thanks!
~ PLD
Boursin Scalloped Potatoes
1 day ago
10 comments:
You weren't even invited with an invite. Send nothing or a small gift. Or just a note. Really. xoxo
SC
I say send a card especially if you were not invited with an invite.
If you send something, I would send something small and First Communion related. Hope this helps!
I'm with the others, I would send something small First Communion related.
If there was no formal invite then I feel that no gift is really necessary but if you feel you must then I would give like a keepsake box perhaps to put a rosary in. Or a wall plaque cross for the child's room. Perhaps just a card with a little noted information about what the 1st communion is all about.
In Northbrook there is the Techney Divine Word and they ahve a gift shop that is quite a help.
You weren't formally invited and if you were, I'd hope the invite would request no gifts. Send a card and a prayer.
I'm with the others- no invite- no gift, but if you feel obligated I would try a cross you could hang on the wall. Some of these can be personalized. I have also given devotional books or inspirational books that are age appropriate.
I wouldnt send anything - you werent officially invited so dont worry about it - a card is enough.
I think a card would be quite appropriate since it wasn't a formal invite.
We just attendedmy BILS's sons 1st communion and we only gave a card with $25 cash in it. I felt that was sufficient. We are not very close.
I say an iTunes gift card...XXOO
Post a Comment