May 4, 2010

happy tuesday!

greetings!

hope you all have a wonderful tuesday! today i plan on taking the oil painting i picked up over the weekend at the show house to get framed. i can't wait to see how it looks when it's framed! it is such a beautiful oil painting! i hope the turnaround time is fast! PLD is not a very patient person, ha! ha!

every time i look at this oil painting it reminds me of being back home in GP [or Grosse Pointe] michigan. nothing better than looking out at all the sailboats sailing out on lake st. clair with canada over in the distance.

grosse pointe is known for it's boating!

there are a number of private yacht clubs such as the little club [or grosse pointe club], crescent sail yacht club and of course the grosse pointe yacht club. not to mention, each of the grosse pointe communities has it's own "private" park complete with tennis courts, swimming pools, boating facilities and much more!

in addition, grosse pointe is home to the country club of detroit, lochmoor country club and for all you horse lovers there is the hunt club!

okay, i have to end this post fast! it's making me homesick! ha! ha!

oh well, time to jump in the shower and head off to work! have a great day peeps!

:) PLD

9 comments:

LuvRedandWhite said...

LOVE that picture! Happy Tuesday :)

mFw said...

That is a fab picture!

I'maNolaGirl said...

What a beautiful picture!

Torch Lake Prep said...

Great painting...how about Bayview?

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Bayview, very true but it's actually located in the "D" -- hee! hee!

Princess Freckles said...

There is nowhere quite like Grosse Pointe!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

I love it, this coming from someone in B'ham! Hee! Hee! Sorry, I had to chuckle. It's funny b/c GP and Birmingham are constantly being compared to one another. Luckily Princess Freckles has family in both areas! I miss Ribbons!!!!! :) PLD

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

What a gorgeous painting, can't wait to see how you have it framed! I am so excited to finally make my first trip to Michigan this year! :)

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Trish... on behalf of the Michigan Tourism department [HA! HA!] I would like to thank you for planning a visit to this wonderful State! HEE! HEE! Can't wait to hear all about your trip, hope it is fabulous! Michigan Summers are AMAZING!!! I am not bias or anything, ha! ha! ;)