it's looking at photos like these that make me appreciate the cold miserable winters we suffer year after year! ha! ha!
you can see the john hancock tower off in the distance to the left. a place i hold dear to my heart, after all this is where i husband proposed to me! yup, we were having dinner at the signature room on the 95th floor when it all happened. along with a bottle of dom perignon to celebrate! too bad i am not a champagne drinker! ha! ha! the evening was followed by a horse drawn carriage ride around michigan ave. and streeterville.
for those of you who don't know, in the center you can see the bottom half of the new trump towers and then off to the right a view of the wrigley building. such a beautiful view!
below, still walking along wacker approaching michigan ave....aka the magnificent mile!
below looking back into "the loop" --- i miss working in the loop...SIGH!!
jumping ahead i made my way all the way up to 900 n. michigan ave. in my "jack rogers" --- hello, i have lived here for how many years -- you'd think i'd learn my lesson ages ago, not! i do not recommend wearing "jack rogers" if you plan on walking a few miles! ha! ha! ha!
anyway, below is a view in front of fourth street presbyterian. many years ago, i saw julie roberts at this church back when she was filming my best friends wedding. i think it was back '96 or '97?
so a took a brief break and enjoy the last of my white frosty from argo tea. yes...and to rest my feet for a moment! ...another "tourist" moment, hee! hee! then it was off to bloomingdales! ahhh, hello --- don't you just love this photo of bloomingdales!
then in no particular order, i did mention i was playing "toursit" for the weekend. i have only lived here over over 10 years! HA! HA! HA!
a couple friends wanted to check out millennium park and see the bean or whatever it's actually called? personally, i have never actually wondered up to the bean until yesterday. i have to admit it was pretty cool! that's all for now! hope you enjoyed the photos of chicago. admit looking at these photos doesn't it make you want to plan a trip to chicago! ha! ha!
the only thing that sucks is the sales tax which is 10.25% -- yes, my friends you read that right! LOL!!!
more about my weekend later!
~ PLD
8 comments:
That does look like fun! I just found out that my DH's annual conference for work will be in Chicago next year, so I'm already starting to get excited about having an excuse to head back there. I haven't been in years.
And, 10.25% sales tax? Yikes!
Whew, that sales tax is killer!! :-(
I love Chi so much. I live downstate, about 2-2 1/2 hours away, but I have a lot of special connection to the city. A lot of friends live there, and my husband proposed at Buckingham Fountain!
I'm visiting next month to visit my best friend from college, and I CAN'T WAIT.
I ADORE Chicago
It is one of my FAVORITE places!!
sadly I've only been once
xoxo
bB
How fun! Always wanted to go! And not just cause of Oprah!
Love Argo tea.
Chicago is one place I have not been yet. I am such a city girl and you captured it so beautifully!
i love going back to chicago to play tourist in the city i lived!
i actually sold fabric from the Polo Ralph Lauren store to the stylist of My Best Friend's Wedding! What a great movie that features the best of chicago!
did you happen to see Princess Di at the Drake when she was in town in the 90s? Working across the street at bloomies and polo, the crowds were constantly gathered in hopes of a glimpse.
glad you had so much fun...hope your tootsies are feeling better!
I love Chicago! What great photos! I also love your engagement story! How romantic!
Post a Comment