December 17, 2010

preppy humor, enjoy!!!

here's a little humor for all you preps out there, lol!! i came across this article last night and couldn't help but share it with y'all, hee! hee!

not sure, but doesn't that wall look pale pink? i could be wrong?!?!? luckily, the only time i "toured" the grosse pointe farms jail way back when i was an indian princess....so many years ago! ha! ha! anyone else ever an indian princess? oh, those were the days, ha! ha!

anyway, enjoy....

quoted directly from an article written by ammi white in the grosse pointe times, "It's appropriate that the preppiest of the Pointes, the Farms, has emblazoned each of the cells in its lockup with the emblem on every preppy's favorite article of clothing – and in pink and green, no less. "

...love it, only in GPF! ha! ha! ha!

you probably cant's see it, but the gator is even wearing boat shoes and an ascot with grosse pointe farms painted on it!

interested in reading the story, click here.

on another note, do you ever do random searches on twitter? it's amazing the stuff people tweet about, sheesh! last night i also did a random search for "grosse pointe" and below are two of my favorite tweets:

hilarious!

as for the second tweet, one word "TAXES" -- DUH, have you seen my tax bill!!!! ha! ha! ha!

okay, enough chatter about grosse pointe! it makes me a little homesick, luckily we'll be heading back there for christmas!

oh well, hope you enjoyed some preppy humor! ha! ha! ha!

have a great day!!!

~ PLD

[photo credit: www.grossepointetoday.com ]

6 comments:

Sue said...

Love it! I love that you blog about GPF. When we moved down here a few years ago GPF was my destination but we sold our house and bought a temporary one. The market fell out from under all of us and we are still here.

Jen (emsun.org) said...

That is a very cheery looking gator.

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love that gator--too cute!

Princess Freckles said...

You're right, only in GPF! I went to the parade the day after Thanksgiving, and my aunt and I kept laughing that only in GP are most women wearing hteir minks to a parade! I love that though...why not?

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

OMG I was an Indian Princess too!! I've never met anyone outside of south FL who has heard of the program. I seriously just gasped outloud with excitement. I am still friends with so many of my fellow princesses too. How fun!

Toyin O. said...

Love the gator!