hope you all have a fabulous day! i plan on starting my day with a trip over to starbucks!
not sure where you live but here in chicago it's been FREEZING cold and it snowed last night. however, today we will be in the 30's --- loving that 30 degree weather, lol! the snow didn't amount to much, but we are suppose to get a few more inches tomorrow along with some rain....GREAT! it's a small price to pay for living in chicago, ha! ha!
oh well, i am curious if anyone else noticed a decline in holiday cards this year?
ironically, yesterday i found the following article in the chicago tribune titled, christmas greetings no longer in the cards .
really?!?!!?!?!?!?
the article states, "The practice of sending Christmas cards is fading, collateral damage of the digital age." ...so it isn't just me! boo, that's just too bad!
all i know is i will continue the holiday tradition of sending out christmas cards EVERY year!
what does that mean for my friends over at william arthur?!?!?
i hope you all will continue the tradition of sending out holiday cards. i just couldn't imagine christmas without them! plus they look beauitful on the mantle above the fireplace.
have you noticed a decline in holiday cards so far this year?!??! i'd love to hear from you!
have a great day!
~ PLD
12 comments:
I'm with you and will continue the holiday tradition of sending out Christmas cards. It's one of my favorite things about the holidays is receiving cards from friends and seeing the photos of their families.
I've noticed a big decline in sending out holiday cards. Over the last few years, we've received Christmas greetings emails which I'm not to thrilled with.
I'm definitely with you! I sent my cards out over a week ago, and have only received two cards in the mail. Usually, I'll have gotten almost 10 by this point in the year.
I think its a shame that people are moving away from cards and to emails, since they're so much less personal (and can't be put on the mantle). I'll continue sending cards, I'm sure, no matter what the trends are, but I wish others would as well.
My mom will send Christmas cards forever and we send a ton around 250! I will follow in her footsteps and send them to everyone also!!!
I've only received two so far but it's still a little early. I ordered a ton from shutterfly so I can't wait for mine to come in - hopefully today because they need to get in the mail ASAP!
I was just thinking this morning how it is already the 10th of December and we have not received the first card yet! I for one will not give up that tradition! I love receiving cards and even love getting the dreaded Christmas letter! ;)
I am so thrilled to discover your blog! Thanks, Preppy Princess!! Reading a blog of a North Shore blogger helps with my formidable homesickness.
I haven't sent my cards out yet. I have to sit down on Sunday and write them out. As of yet I have only received two cards. Maybe everyone is running late like me.
I am happy to report that 4 more cards [all photo cards] arrived in the mail today. I'm not giving hope on my friends and family yet, lol! My guess if people are off to a real slow start. Thanks again for all your comments. PLD
Ops, meant to type "is" people are odd to a slow start .....darn swype feature on my phone, ha!ha!
Omg, now meant off NOT odd...ugh this swype feature is killing me, lol!
Are those sailboat holiday cards??!!
Yes, the card is from William Arthur and it has 3 sailboats. The card reads Wishing you fair winds, following seas and a bright New Year.
I can't imagine a year without cards. I am like a kid at the mailbox! Sent 50 yesterday...more to go out.
Post a Comment