January 18, 2010

i'm back and need some advise...

i had such a great weekend with my sorority sisters. it's been a very long time since many of us have gotten together besides at weddings and baby showers. what fun! can't wait to do it again soon! too bad i can't "drink" like i did in my 20's! nothing worse than waking with a hangover....UGH!!

i am an aunt again! my SIL had her 3rd child today. i am so happy for them, yet i am sad. like the old saying always a bridesmaid never a bride. in my case, always an aunt, never a mom! totally SUCKS! i would SO love to be a mom! i know god has a plan for everyone and being a mother must not be in the cards for me! oh well...thanks for letting me vent for a moment!

hope your week is off to a great start! tonight i made scallops & shrimp pasta. both my husband and i were very impressed! i made a creamy scampi-like sauce. basically i sauteed 1/4 stick of butter, canola oil , S&P, lemon juice and 2 cloves of garlic. eventually added some sherry and cream. YUMMY! the sauce was light and not very overpowering which was great! i love it when i make meals from scratch! i wonder what's for dinner tomorrow night?

oh speaking of "cooking" --- sur la table has a SALE going on right now! 20% off SLT bake ware! i picked up a few more baking supplies - a cake pan, loaf pan and 2 mini loaf pans! great deals!! head on over to sur la table...you won't be disappointed!

have a great evening!

:) PLD

8 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I am an aunt of 10 on one side and 4 on my husband's side. I do not have children of my own for a few reason's now (it wasn't for a lack of want). God does have a plan. I figure now I have the best of both worlds because when necessary I can hand a crying child back to the child's parent.

Suburban Princess said...

Awww sweetie! I was married for more than 4 years when I got pregnant and I am convinced it is only because I pretty much gave up, bought golf clubs and started looking at boats that it happened. Have you tried using ovulation tests? Spoken to your dr? I know a few women who have made some slight changes and poof! Two pink lines!

CDS said...

Glad you had a good time. No tatoos I am expecting. Anyhow-- I know how you feel, and I would say that we must have positive thinking and hope, in the mean time enjoy our neices (in my case).
ALways enjoying your blog,
cSd xo

Juliana said...

You will be a mommy--it will happen when it is supposed to. I know the feeling though...i really do. I was told I would not be able to have kids and I would cry whenever I went past the baby aisle...then things got better and just wanted a baby so badly. The worlds WORST pregnancy, labor and delivery later...I am a mommy and I would not trade it for anything in the entire world. It will happen for you--who knows it might happen sooner than you thought! Good luck sending you baby dust

Wendy said...

I have been married for over 10 years and kids do not seem to be in cards for me either. I am sure there is a plan for both of us. Just have faith and it will all work out.

Princess Freckles said...

I wanted to visit the Sur La Table store at Mercato in Naples, but never made it! Is there one in Chicago by any chance?

Congrats to you SIL! God does have a plan for you. I knwo that is probably hard to remember sometimes, but He really does.

Which house were in at State? I feel like you already mentioned that, but I don't remember. I'm a KD!

Anonymous said...

You are right about a bigger plan at work, but it doesn't mean it isn't still a struggle at times. I'm sending you a hug Miss PLD. :)

It does sound like you found some great buys at Sur la Table!
tp

Beautifully Veiled said...

Hi! I have no idea how i found your blog, but I did! You are too funny! Anyways, I was married for 8 years before the first baby. Had 9 miscarriages in all. Couldn't stand going to see all my old friends who were having babies all over the place. Saw those awful moms in Walmart with a million dirty kids with mullets and kool-aid all over their faces and really struggled. I realized why women stole babies. Soooo, all that to say, I do know how you feel. And I just cried reading this post. And even though you don't know me, and I'm light years away from my old preppy junior league self (ha), there is a lady down in GA on a farm thinking and praying for you tonight. Thanks for being so transparent. I think I'll be a more appreciative mom tomorrow. Linda in GA