March 26, 2010

a walk down memory lane...plus a little shopping!!

it was chilly here in chicago! considering it's only in the 40's...thankfully the sun is out and it made the temps feel much warmer! so today i decided to take a little walk, okay drive down memory lane. below is a photo of my 1st apartment in chicago....wrigleyville or boys town -- either way i was only a few blocks from wrigley field! ahhhhh, the good old days!!

as you can tell it looks like my old apartment went condo and it looks as though a lot of people are on the move! i wonder what they go for? ha! ha!i couldn't drive by my old apartment without visiting my favorite grocery store. treasure island, love that place! they have the best selection of food, as well as the best place to go grazing --- okay, sampling! ha! ha! best part is the parking...although back then i didn't have a car but now it's nice to find FREE parking in chicago! ha! ha!speaking of wrigley field, does this view look familiar? ha! ha!

sorry, i am not a cubs fan! growing up in michigan, i am a tigers fan! always have and always will be a tigers fan! i actually didn't go to my 1st cubs game until the week after i moved into my next apartment in lincoln park. ha! ha!

it's amazing how things have changed! so many places have come and gone! however, it's nice to see some of my old stomping grounds!

so let's see, i lived in wrigleyville, lincoln park, the loop and even spent a year down in beverly. good times! prior to purchasing our first house in elmhurst.

oh well, below are my purchases for today. i have wanted one of these stylers, i saw an infomercial on it. let's hope i can do something with my straight hair! ha! ha! notice my little lilly pulitzer luggage tag and the newest addition to my herend fishnet collection a pair of bunnies!here's a close up of my bunnies...so cute! i just hope i don't already have this one! i called my insurance company, but inquired about a pig that i already had! oh well, the rest of my collection is packed away. i need to locate them and put this pair of bunnies with them. oh well, what a great day! if only everyday was this sunny in chicago!

have a great weekend!

~ PLD


below is a photo of the rest of my collection. sure enough, there's the pig i almost bought --- again! ha! ha! my collection is small, wish i had more!!!!

15 comments:

Freck said...

My second apartment in Chicago was in Boystown :) Now I live in Lakeview, not gonna lie, I like it better :) My next apartment will probably be in the southwest loop, I love the condos over there! Walks down memory lane are the best sometimes, they show you how far you've come!

Suburban prep said...

I haven't lived in the city only the suburbs. Even my one year I lived in Southern California after college it was not in LA proper but in the Valley.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

How fun! I love driving by my old apartment in D.C. - great memories! Loving those little bunnies, how sweet of a collection you're got going! Oh, and I tried that straightener/curling iron combo - didn't work on my hair, I think it's too fine/too many layers. Hope it works out great for you!

living well said...

is that styler supposed to make straight hair curl?? if so, pleasseeee let me know if it works! my hair is pin straight and i keep trying to find ways to curl it!

Hopsy said...

I collect Herend too! Only the pink, green and blue for me. However, I am secretly wanting a lilac peice.

Gourmetista said...

Love the luggage tag, I just bought the same one. Keep up posted on the hair iron...my last curling iron was a total bust.

Design Apprentice said...

Love your Chicago pictures. I'm on vacation until tomorrow, but those make me surge with pride for home. Where in the city did you like living the most? I've thought about moving to either Lakeview, Lincoln Park, or South Loop.
P.S. I have family in Elmhurst and it's such a nice classy town.

Jennifer said...

Hi! My niece is in Med School in Chicago...and my son in law used to teach at North Park...now he lives in Philly w my daughter...

Chicago is a cool town! The Art Institute is AMAZING!

Thanks for stopping by.Enjoy some warm soup on a cold day! Cold in the northeast today...but summer's comin'!

Beth Dunn said...

So fun! I tagged you on my blog. xoxo
SC

Jeannie said...

Looks like you had a fun day! I tagged you in a Socialite post on my blog!

Jo said...

I haven't been to Chicago in years. When I was in college I'd take the train in and stay with my cousins ~ such fun!

Jo

mel said...

oooh fun to see your old stompin grounds. i love that the grocery store was called treasure island. wicked.
hope you're having a great day :)

Eileen said...

I love love love your Herand collection! I have one of my own (small) here in San Francisco, but my mom has the motherload at home in Virginia! Much of it belongs to my sister and me, but we aren't allowed to have it until we buy homes and stop moving!

the pink prep said...

i'm in the burbs of boston now, but i get back to chiccago to visit at least 2 X a year and go by my old apt building on dearborn and division st.... wild times, great memories!

erica said...

Yay for Michigan love!!!
I am absolutely Herend Fishnet obsessed! I envy your collection! Maybe I will have to post some of mine! When I go home to MI next week I am going to get another Herend Fishnet item! I am hoping for a bear

xo