today is going to be a fabulous day! if everything goes as planned i am going to have a pedicure, drop my wedding ring and band off at the jeweler [after 10 years, i noticed my center stone is loose! YIKES!], a trip to costco and make my way over over to michigan ave. to shop!
tonight we are finally going to hugo's frog bar and fish house to celebrate our 10 year anniversary which was thursday...can't wait!
too bad my cat decided to wake me up at 4 o'clock this morning! SERIOUSLY....it's saturday, let me sleep! ha! ha!
oh well, speaking of wedding rings and anniversaries i have a couple of questions for you...
1. At what age did you get engaged?
2. how did he propose?
3. At what age did you get married?
i'll start....
1. i was 26 when i got engaged.
2. my husband proposed to me while we were having dinner at the signature room on the 95th floor of the hancock tower in chicago, which was followed by a horse drawn carriage ride downtown.
3. i was 28 when i got married, we had 1.5 year engagement [my sister was already planning her wedding and we didn't want to have our wedding the same year, so we waited until the following may to get married....it was worth it! ]
come play along, your turn...
~ PLD
11 comments:
Ok I was on the older end of your questions.
1. I got engaged at age 34.
2. He proposed after 4 yrs of dating on Valentine's Day. He was going to propose a month later but my grandmother (who was very dear and close to me) was having health issues and he wanted her to know that I was going to have someone in my life. (She passed away almost 4 months to the day before I got married).
3. we got married 9 months to the day after he proposed and I was 35 at the time.
1) I was 26 when I got engaged.
2) He proposed in the Oak Room at the Sheraton Park Lane Hotel in London over drinks after seeing Phantom of the Opera on the West End. (His original plan was to propose during intermission but he was too nervous to do it then!)
3) If all goes according to plan, I will be 27 when I get married. :)
My turn:
1. I was 21 when I got engaged.
2. He proposed at the spot of our first date on August 13th- not a significant date- a lake park near my house. (His original plan was my birthday weekend when we had a Brad Paisley concert and Gator homecoming in October- but he wanted it to be a surprise and I might be expecting it that weekend)
3. I will be 23 when we get married! March 5, 2011
Oohh fun! I love engagement stories!
1. I was 23 when we were engaged (which sounds o young now, but I felt so grown up).
2. My hubby proposed at a table for two at Clancy's Restaurant in New Orleans the night I finished taking the CPA exam and before we left for my first trip to NYC. He insisted we pass by my friend Lauren's house to show her the ring, and when she opened the door, her house was filled with all of our family and friends. I get teary thinking about it!
3. I was 24 when we were married, We had been engaged for 13 months - just long enough to snag a spot for a nighttime wedding mass at the church on our college's campus which was decorated for Christmas.
1) I was 29 when I got engaged.
2) He proposed at the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. We took a horse drawn carriage ride around the resort, followed by a private dinner in the gazebo. At the end of dinner he got down on one knee.
3) I was 30 when we got married.
Thanks for playing along, all your stories a great! It's amazing to see at what point we all got engaged!
Here's too a lifetime of love and happiness!!!
Not engaged yet, but maybe one day soon.
Love your story though!! Very sweet.
Fun question!
1. I was 21 when we got engaged. (We'd been dating for 5.5 years, since he was a senior and I was a sophomore in high school.)
2. We were on vacation in Chicago and he proposed by Buckingham Fountain on the shore of Lake Michigan. He pulled the ring out of his pocket, said "Will you marry me?" and I said, "Of course I will."
3. We got married just about 1 year after the proposal, so I was 22.
1. I got engaged when I was 29.
2. He proposed after we had been dating for 1.5 years. We were living together when it happened. I came home from work. We were dog sitting his parents labrador retriever (KC). When I came in to pet the dog, my now hubby said, KC has a gift for you. hanging from her collar was my engagement ring! We had standing plans to meet a few friends so when we got there, all our friends were there to celebrate our engagement!
3. I was 30 years old when we got married.
Oh goodness, I'm so old...
I got engaged at age 31. I met "husband" the day I returned from Italy from visiting a former boyfriend. "Husband" and I were both working at the time on SS Norway...fun times!!!
We were best friends for about one year before we got married.
I was 32 when I married "husband" and we have been married for 25 years!!!
Hello I'm visiting via Miss Janice's blog.
so let me see:
I accepted Tim's propasal when I was 24
We were married when I was 25 and he was 26.
He propased in a traditional spot for William & Mary students, there is a bridge...
It took me 20 minutes to make up my mind, I wasn't expecting it.
Our wedding was lovely. Jan 20 1995.
Post a Comment