June 26, 2010

priceless!!!!

how could you not buy lemonade from this lemonade stand! i especially love the saying, "keep calm and drink some lemonade" ....priceless!
a great take on the popular:


....I LOVE IT!



too bad, i was too late! the lemonade stand was closed by the time i walked by! ha! ha!

so this afternoon i went to swedish days in geneva, illinois. what a fun festival! i had no idea most of the stores participated in the side walk sale....let's just say, sales galore! i picked up a couple of goodies but will share them in another post!

all i can say, i am making this an annual trip! i had so much fun and can see why this festival is such a big deal! after all it is 6 days long!



i haven't decided but i might be heading back tomorrow for a sweedish breakfast hosted by the geneva vikings mimer lodge! it's actually an all-you-can-eat parade day breakfast and the menu consists of sweedish pancakes, fried herring [never had this before!], bacon, eggs, potatoes, grilled onions, sweet limpa rye bread [not sure, but i don't think have had this either?] and beverages....all for only $10/adults and $5/children. what a steal! definitely tempted to head back over tomorrow and try some of their sweedish pancakes....YUMMY!!



oh well, have a great night!

~ PLD

5 comments:

The Beloved Wife said...

Wow! That lemonade stand is a sweet little setup! Two decades ago when I had a stand, I'm pretty sure it was just a card table, some chairs and a posterboard! Haha! I would definitely buy lemonade from that stand... they are legit. :O)

CDS said...

sounds like a super fun day!! :)

Karena said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend!

That lemonade stand is adorable!

Come and visit for a Designer Giveaway from Pillow Mint!

Karena
Art by Karena

MHM1314 said...

I LOVE the "keep calm" designs and would totally buy a bag if it said "and drink some lemonade"!!!

mFw said...

The Swedish festival sounds like so much fun! I love the lemonade stand pic! Sounds like a great weekend and if you go back to the Swedish festival I hope you enjoyed it!