i was at costco a couple of days ago and after a trying sample, i bought this large bottle of sun dried tomatoes:
yup, that would be 2lbs. of sun dried tomatoes!
if you are a member of costco and love sun dried tomatoes ---this is a must! i think it was right around $7.99? YUMMY!!
anyway, now that i have this large bottle of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil i need help with some recipes so i can start enjoying my sun dried tomatoes.
below are a couple of recipes i found on the food network:
penne with sun-dried tomato pesto [giada de laurentiis]
lemon pepper fettuccini with artichokes and sun dried tomatoes [florentyna's pasta factory, inglewood, ca] --- this one sounds really good! i love artichokes!
steak pinwheels with sun-dried tomato stuffing [sandra lee] -- the recipe also includes rosemary mashed potatoes ....sorry, not a fan of rosemary, so i left that part out!
i did a search on google and surprisingly didn't see much? i am sure there must be a cook book using sun dried tomatoes out there some where?
do you have a favorite recipe using sun dried tomatoes?
if so, i'd love to hear about your favorites!
i am thinking about making a breakfast souffle w/ eggs, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms and asiago cheese. sounds yummy, at least i think so! better head downstairs and start cooking!
have a great day!
~ PLD
8 comments:
Not a recipe but I love them in omelettes with feta cheese and a little spinach and onion. Yum!
Unfortunately, I don't like sun dried tomatoes so I'm of no help at all. But how about on a homemade pizza?
Bought the same jar and cut them up with kitchen shears and popped them in a quiche! I don't usually like sun dried tomatoes but they were so good! I'm sure they'd work just as well in an omelette :)
Mmm...I really like sun-dred tomatoes. I put them in pasta a lot. Here is a recipe from cooks.com that I like:
ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH SUN DRIED
TOMATOES
8 oz. sun dried tomatoes, marinated in olive oil and herbs
1 lb. angel hair pasta
2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. parsley, chopped
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
Chop the sun dried tomatoes. Mince the garlic. In a skillet, saute the garlic in olive oil. Add the tomatoes. Saute briefly and turn off the heat. Make the pasta according to the manufacturer's directions. Toss hot pasta with the tomatoes. Top with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot.
you can take some ciabatta bread and spread pesto on ech side...then put basil on one side and sun dried tomatoes on the other with fresh mozarella in the middle. Toast and enjoy!
That is so funny that I read your post today because I was JUST at Costco on the phone with my husband asking him if I should buy a big jar of sun dried tomatoes! I know a lot of people put them in sandwiches - in particular grilled sandwiches like paninis. (btw I didn't get them but I'm for sure going to buy them when my husband gets home!)
I would say check out myrecipes.com they're a collection of recipes from coastal living, southern living, real simple, and health magazine. Also check the pioneer woman out she may have some yummy recipes as well tastykitchen.com
I heart costco! : )
we love this recipe from the Food Network (note I like it better with Kalamata olives where it calls for black olives - which we also get in a huge jar from Costco!)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/5-ingredient-sauteed-chicken-and-broccoli-rabe-with-black-olives-sundried-tomatoes-and-feta-recipe/index.html
Post a Comment