who doesn't love chicago! chicago is one place that will never, ever let ya down! there's so much to see and do in this great city! i moved here back in '96 and i have to tell you this place has changed so much in 14 years!
normally, when people think of chicago and they think of "shopping" the first thing that comes to mind is michigan avenue. true, but today we are going to venture over to a couple of neighborhoods --- lincoln park and bucktown.
so this morning i finally had my argo tea fix....some people are obsessed with starbucks or caribou coffee, PLD is obsessed with argo tea! ha! ha! especially, their white frosty's! YUMMY!!
after enjoying my white frosty i headed down armitage to tabula tua. cute store i love to visit when i am wondering along armitage!
afterwards, i headed down armitage over to one of my favorite stores called all she wrote.check out the window display....it has PLD written all over! :)
how about these pads of paper. you know it's all about location -- location -- location! let's see, my first apartment was in 60657 and my second was 60614. too cute!!
i saw a cute pair of eliza b. flip flops in a blue whale pattern. i wanted to buy a pair, but they didn't have my size....darn it! just my luck! ha! ha! ha!
after stopping at a couple more stores it was time to head over to bucktown. plus, i hadn't eaten yet so i was driving down north avenue and came across a place called crepe crave....HELLO! PLD loves crepes!!!
such a cute little restaurant! the people are so nice, you could tell b/c the tip jar was pretty full! ha! ha! don't worry, PLD also tipped the tip jar! :)
anyway, i ended up ordering a crepe suzette....IT WAS DELISH!!!!
then it was time to check out a cute store i have been wanting to visit called crosell & co. on damen.
originally, i was just going to purchase this cute little frame from two's company.
oh, NO!! the kind lady at the counter [i believe her name is denise. she might even be the owner? such a nice lady!!!] told me i should check out the items on the second floor. so of course i did. before i knew it i was in mackenzie-childs heaven! ...HELLO!
if only i could afford to purchase everything, oh that would be so awesome! no, poor little PLD ended up purchasing just a few more mackenzie-childs knobs. HA! HA!
ironically, i have a little black chest that i've been wanting to replace the exising knobs.
well, sure enough i foound a nice selection of knobs! of which, i found these lovely knobs for sale $18/each --- pretty standard pricing for this style of knobs.
so here's the chest with the new mackenize childs knobs. YES, i know my ginger jar lamp doesn't go with the knobs. i love it! what do you think?
afterwards, i headed north on damen over to the painted lady. another cute store, however this store is perfect for all you shabby sheek lovers out there!
any sushi lovers out there? if you are ever in bucktown and in the mood for sushi, i recommend coast sushi! love this place! it's BYOB, so bring your own booze!
actually, i ate there about a month ago with my sorority sisters. the food was fabulous! so i decided to snap a shot for my blog post:oh well, that's the end of our tour. hope you all enjoyed the trip! time to take off those bonanno's and rest your toes for awhile! ha! ha!
have a great week! if you liked this post, be sure and check out my post from yesterday regarding a visit to lake geneva, wisconsin --- click here for the link. ....oh, if you are a CHICAGO CUBS fan and LOVE vineyard vines -- be sure and check out the last post! you'll love what you will find...i guarantee!
thanks for stopping by!
~ PLD
17 comments:
Oh, I used to live close to Chicago and I LOVED Argo tea so so so much. Then I moved to PA. Now I miss Argo!
Oh I miss Chicago! My first zip was 60613 (LSD at Irving Park) and my second zip was 60657 (Cornelia and Sheffield, 1 block south of Wrigley).
I'll have to seek out those notepads!
Thank you for the trip down memory lane!
What cute shops! I haven't been to Chicago in years, but there's a chance I'll be out there with my DH for a conference next summer. I'm storing up all the restaurant and shopping tips I see. :-)
Where was this in Chicago?? Especially those plates! AND Crepe Crave! OMG!!! Take me shopping with you next time :)
How fun! I love your bonannos!
That's china...the coral pattern. I almost registered for it in red for us...but went with another instead. Love your adventures.
I love the blue coral china! So pretty!
Totally love everything in the window of 'All She Wrote' and I have somewhat of a beginner's collection of MacKenzie Child's 'Courtly Check' stuff! :)
How lovely. I've never been to Chicago (even though my SO was born in the city).
Legally Fabulous has left a new comment on your post "grab your bonanno's and let's go...":
I LOVE All She Wrote... And I am going to definitely need to get a 60613 notepad! Such a great idea... one of my girlfriends from college just bought her first place and a zip code notepad would be a perfect housewarming gift! will definitely have to stop in there after this damn bar exam stops taking over my life.
---Sorry, I accidentally deleted your post.
I have never been to Chicago! What a wonderful city through your eyes!
Love your Bonannos btw!
I am heading out for my first Chicago visit later this summer! Your post has me even more excited now!!!
Ah, you posted the funnest (so not a word) looking shops! I'm totally bookmarking this for my next trip to Chicago. I positively love it there and try to visit friends a few times per year.
And I adore the state glasses - a shop in my city, Omaha, has them as well, but they are a bit pricey!
Such a great tour! All She Wrote is one of my fav's. I started in 60613 and ended in 60640. Such a great post!
I have never visited Chicago, but it's one of the cities that I would love to visit!!
Those knobs are too cute!
Seriously sounds like all such great places! My mom is from the North Shore area and when we visited last fall it was great to see all her favorite childhood places. Your stops look divine!
I'm ready to go!!
Post a Comment