February 20, 2011

not your average sunday...

greetings!

it's so miserable outside, ugh! supposedly our forecast includes rain, sleet and eventually snow! sounds fabulous, NOT! it's a good day to just stay inside!

my husband ran over to borders and brought me back a small cocoa trio! YUM!

yes, that is a spode coaster! don't judge, ha! ha! ha!

it's days like today i long for scenes like this:

isn't this painting beautiful! i love it! this is one of my favorite oil paintings from jane mcfeely, an artist back home in grosse pointe, mi. mrs. mcfeely is such a talented artist! check out a close up of the detail of this painting..LOVE IT!
below is a closeup of another oil painting i own which she painted.
can't wait until next year for the junior league of detroit to host another designer show house, so i can buy another painting! at least i hope they have another show house!!!!

what do you think of the mat and frame i chose for the paintings? i had the paintings framed over at the great frame up. i am still looking for the lights to hang over the frame, just haven't found any that aren't a couple of hundred dollars! ha! ha! ha!

before i forget, don't forget to click here for my true prep book giveaway.

oh before i forget, our friend erin over at let the tide pull your dreams ashore recently blogged about wallets. you can view the post by clicking here.

anyway, she included a photo of a LV and gucci wallet. The wallets were in fabulous condition and i couldn't help but think of my husband's "poor" gucci wallet. yes, the one in the photo below: i bought this wallet for my husband back in '05. so i guess i shouldn't be so surprised! after all, he got a good 5 years use out of it! ha! ha! ha! but still, i wonder what i could sell it for on eBay? LOL!

have a great afternoon!

~ PLD

6 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

Love those paintings! Your mug is adorable too. My husbands wallet is a disgrace
xoxo
SC

Suburban prep said...

I had actually put this in my favorites quite a bit ago.

http://www.janemcfeelypaints.com/

Lachlan said...

I absolutely LOVE those paintings...wonderful and yes, a great sea scene to enjoy in the midst of winter... :)

Stay warm, that mug is so much fun!

Best, Lachlan

Little Sailing Girl said...

I am a Grosse Pointer and a sailor. You said you got your paintings at the Junior League show house? Did you just pick up the card and contact her or did I miss that she sold the art in the homes? I would be interested in purchasing some of her art as well. It is awesome!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

LSG:

Yes, Jane McFeely had a few of her prints for sale at JLD SH in '08 and '10. I am sure she had her work at others, but didn't purchase any until recently. You can contact her directly, her info is on her website:
www.janemcfeelypaints.com. I know she does commissioned work as well! I hope they JLD will have another SH next year, I'm making it a tradition to purchase a piece every other year!

:) PLD

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I think he is due for a new wallet! haha

Thanks for the shout out my dear! xx